It’s vacation week, and we have activities for the kids planned! Join the Valley Falls Free Library and Diver Library:
- Saturday the 15th @ 10am: “Let’s Make Pancakes!” at the Valley Falls Community Center
- Monday the 17th @ 10:30am : Learn & Play Storytime at Diver Library
- Tuesday the 18th @ 2pm : Make Seed Paper! at Diver Library
- Wednesday the 19th @ 2pm: Spring Craft Make ‘n Take at Valley Falls Library
- Thursday the 20th @ 2pm : Creative Workshop with Lili Loveday at Diver Library
- Friday the 21st @ 2pm: Spring Craft Make ‘n Take at Valley Falls Free Library
The Valley Falls Free Library is sponsoring a Defensive Driving Course Saturday May 6th from 9AM-3:30PM at the Pittstown Town Hall. The cost is $30, with free pizza lunch provided by the library.
Call 753-4230 or stop into the library to enroll and pre-pay. Payment can be $30 Cash, check or Money Order to Michael Bromm, the instructor. This is just to hold your spot in the class. If you need to cancel, your money will be refunded.
Bring your NYS License or Permit to class. Any questions about the class and its benefits, please contact Mike at 663-5651.
The New Bread Basket
Tuesday, March 28th
At the Valley Falls Free Library
Amy Halloran, author of The New Bread Basket will discuss how bread is building community and a new band of farmers & food activists work to reinvent local grain systems. Learn how grain growers are gaining options to produce crops for local use, and consumers are supporting regional grain economies through an emerging demand for local beer and bread.
What is Beanstack?
Beanstack is a free service provided by your local library to help families discover books and apps based on the reader’s age and interests. All books recommended are available for free at your library.
With a Beanstack profile, you’ll receive one recommendation per week of a book matched to your or your child’s age, interests, and background. We include easy-to-use learning tips and activities for each book selected.
If you have a library card, you also gain access to our full database of specifically selected books and apps. You may also view our themes for the younger readers, which are learning guides that include tips and activities on subjects ranging from “Exploring Egypt” to “Say No to Bullying!”
Who can sign up for Beanstack?
Anyone is welcome to sign up for Beanstack and receive weekly book recommendations and tips.
Here’s how to get started using Beanstack:
- Join today at Valley Falls Library Beanstack.
- Look for your age group and click register.
- Enter the required information and you’ll be all set with your account.
(Note, a library card is not required to sign up for Beanstack)
- Log your books, and have fun!
For more information, click on the BEANSTACK tab under our picture above.