The Build a Better World Summer Read Program will run from June 26th-August 23rd. Again this year, the Valley Falls Free Library will be adding some programming in conjunction with the Summer Read Program, such as a visit by the Tang Museum, and Reading in the Library.
The library is looking for volunteers to read to the children on Wednesdays from 9:15-10:45AM at the library. If you are interested in volunteering, please sign up at the library, or contact the library at 753-4230, or Kelly at email@example.com.
It’s vacation week, and we have activities for the kids planned! Join the Valley Falls Free Library and Diver Library:
- Saturday the 15th @ 10am: “Let’s Make Pancakes!” at the Valley Falls Community Center
- Monday the 17th @ 10:30am : Learn & Play Storytime at Diver Library
- Tuesday the 18th @ 2pm : Make Seed Paper! at Diver Library
- Wednesday the 19th @ 2pm: Spring Craft Make ‘n Take at Valley Falls Library
- Thursday the 20th @ 2pm : Creative Workshop with Lili Loveday at Diver Library
- Friday the 21st @ 2pm: Spring Craft Make ‘n Take at Valley Falls Free Library
Amy Halloran, author of “The New Bread Basket” will demonstrate pancakes from field to griddle, and you’ll get a taste of what it takes to make a pancake from the ground to your plate. Come learn about grain growing, flour milling, and pancake making and eating! This is for kids of any age, just let us know how many are coming so we have enough pancakes!!
WHEN: April 15th 10:00AM-11:00AM
WHERE: Valley Falls Community Center
11 Charles Street, Valley Falls, NY
TO REGISTER: CALL 753-4230, or EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Beanstack?
Beanstack is a free service provided by your local library to help families discover books and apps based on the reader’s age and interests. All books recommended are available for free at your library.
With a Beanstack profile, you’ll receive one recommendation per week of a book matched to your or your child’s age, interests, and background. We include easy-to-use learning tips and activities for each book selected.
If you have a library card, you also gain access to our full database of specifically selected books and apps. You may also view our themes for the younger readers, which are learning guides that include tips and activities on subjects ranging from “Exploring Egypt” to “Say No to Bullying!”
Who can sign up for Beanstack?
Anyone is welcome to sign up for Beanstack and receive weekly book recommendations and tips.
Here’s how to get started using Beanstack:
- Join today at Valley Falls Library Beanstack.
- Look for your age group and click register.
- Enter the required information and you’ll be all set with your account.
(Note, a library card is not required to sign up for Beanstack)
- Log your books, and have fun!
For more information, click on the BEANSTACK tab under our picture above.