Here is a fun activity for your LEGO® fanatics!
Baseball Lego® Building Challenge
Registration Fee: $5 per person (includes museum admission)
Team registration: teams may include as many as, but not more than four people.
Time: 1 ½ hours for construction, ½ hour for judging and prizes
Size Limit: 10” x 10” base
Brings friends, family, and colleagues to work together to create beautiful LEGO ® structures. This year’s theme is Baseball. Let your imagination run wild, share your vision, and compete for prizes with teams from across the capital region. Basic building blocks will be supplied; however, contestants may also bring in their own.
- Models must be built using only LEGO® bricks and elements. You may bring in your own pieces or we will provide you with basic bricks in a variety of sizes and a 10” x 10” base.
- Entries must be original designs based on the theme. Commercially sold kits or published designs are not permitted.
- Project entries must be completely assembled within the one and a half hour time limit. All assembly must be completed on site during the challenge; no pre-built parts will be permitted.
- Your team may choose to practice building your model prior to the day of the building challenge.
- Feel free to bring sketches, drawings, and photographs to use as reference.
- Judging will occur during the assembly time as well as after final assembly. Participants will have the opportunity to describe their structure as part of the judging process.
- During the competition, children under 12 must be supervised by the adults who brought them; they cannot be left alone.
Please note that space is limited, and pre-registration is required.
For more information or to register, go to http://www.albanyinstitute.org/educationproduct/product/lego-building-challenge-2015.html or contact Barbara Collins at 518-463-4478- ext 405 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Participation in the event assumes consent for photographs to be used for museum purposes.
LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group of Companies which does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this event.